Compact, Lightweight Storage
Stand up to wind
Doesnt work without wind
Shibumi Shade vs CoolCabanas 5
Both the Shibumi Shade and the CoolCabanas 5 are great beach tents, but there are some key differences.
Here is a comparison of their technical specifications:
- Material: The Shibumi Shade is a parachute type material is made from ocean-bound recycled plastic bottles, while the CoolCabanas 5 is a made of a thicker fabric
- Country of origin: The Shibumi Shade is sewn in America, while the CoolCabanas 5 is made in China.
- Sun protection: Both the Shibumi Shade and the CoolCabanas 5 offer UPF 50+ sun protection.
- Shade coverage: The CoolCabanas 5 provides a larger shade coverage of 64ft² for the large size stated, while Shibumi Shade may provide more shade if the wind is blowing and it is fully extended with the sun in a more top position.
- Portability: Shibumi is significantly more compact.
- Weight: The Shibumi shade is way lighter. The Cool Cabanas weighs a whopping 35 lbs.
- Recommended group size: Both beach shades can handle groups of around 4-6 people.
- Wind resistance: The Shibumi Shade is designed to work with the wind, not against it, and has been improved to be quieter and stronger. The CoolCabanas 5 can handle a decent amount of wind, but not as much as the Shibumi. On the other hand, if there is no wind, the Shibumi Shade is almost worthless where’s the Cool Cabanas canopy will be standing strong still proving shade.
In summary, while both the Shibumi Shade and the CoolCabanas 5 offer UPF 50+ sun protection and shade coverage, the Shibumi Shade is made from recycled plastic bottles and is designed to work with the wind, while the CoolCabanas 5 is larger, heavier, and will work even if there is no wind.
What is the distinction between Shibumi and CoolCabanas?
When thinking about Shibumi and CoolCabanas, there are two main factors to consider: the coverage they provide and their portability. CoolCabanas’ large size is capable of offering a shade coverage of approximately 64ft². Shibumi Shade, on the other hand, has a neat trick: it can provide even more shade than you’d expect, given a good wind blow and the right sun positioning. But remember, this factor will highly dependent on the weather conditions of the day. In terms of portability, Shibumi has a significant advantage in this aspect as it has been designed to be extremely compact. In my personal experience, this makes it a far easier option to pack up and carry to that perfect beach spot.
Are Shibumi shades worth the investment?
As a frequent beachgoer, I believe that the Shibumi Shade is worth every penny. It’s an ideal solution if you’re looking for excellent shade coverage that you don’t have to constantly worry about. Particularly on windy days, many umbrellas or cabanas may fly away, but that’s not the case with the Shibumi Shade. Its lightweight design makes it effortless to carry, and its price justifies its quality and the convenience it offers. Initially, I was not too keen about spending $250 on a cabana but I’m glad I did. It’s made my beach days much more enjoyable.
What’s the reason behind CoolCabanas’ popularity?
If you’ve visited Sydney, you might have noticed many beachgoers with a CoolCabana. These fun and vibrant structures are a favorite among locals, and there’s a good reason for that. They offer easy transportation and setup, resembling a lightweight tent with a central pole like an umbrella and handy sand anchors on the sides to keep them steady. From my personal experience, these cool cabanas are not just practical but also add a fun element to every beach outing.
What is an excellent CoolCabana knock-off?
If affordability is key for you, you might consider other alternatives to CoolCabana. One such alternative that beachgoers often prefer is the Kmart Cabana. I too had my eye on the CoolCabanas but wasn’t quite ready to shell out the asking price, so I opted for the Kmart cabana and was pleasantly surprised. It’s excellent in many ways: easy setup, velcro sides that can transform it into a beach umbrella and above all, a wallet-friendly price tag. I’ve found setting it up a breeze even when I’m at the beach alone.