Compact, Lightweight Storage
Stand up to wind
Doesnt work without wind
Cool Prints & Colors
Works without wind
Stands up to wind
Not as compact
No larger sizes offered
Shibumi Shade vs CoolCabanas 5
Both the Shibumi Shade and the CoolCabanas 5 are great beach tents, but there are some key differences.
Here is a comparison of their technical specifications:
- Material: The Shibumi Shade is a parachute type material is made from ocean-bound recycled plastic bottles, while the CoolCabanas 5 is a made of a thicker fabric
- Country of origin: The Shibumi Shade is sewn in America, while the CoolCabanas 5 is made in China.
- Sun protection: Both the Shibumi Shade and the CoolCabanas 5 offer UPF 50+ sun protection.
- Shade coverage: The CoolCabanas 5 provides a larger shade coverage of 64ft² for the large size stated, while Shibumi Shade may provide more shade if the wind is blowing and it is fully extended with the sun in a more top position.
- Portability: Shibumi is significantly more compact.
- Weight: The Shibumi shade is way lighter. The Cool Cabanas weighs a whopping 35 lbs.
- Recommended group size: Both beach shades can handle groups of around 4-6 people.
- Wind resistance: The Shibumi Shade is designed to work with the wind, not against it, and has been improved to be quieter and stronger. The CoolCabanas 5 can handle a decent amount of wind, but not as much as the Shibumi. On the other hand, if there is no wind, the Shibumi Shade is almost worthless where’s the Cool Cabanas canopy will be standing strong still proving shade.
In summary, while both the Shibumi Shade and the CoolCabanas 5 offer UPF 50+ sun protection and shade coverage, the Shibumi Shade is made from recycled plastic bottles and is designed to work with the wind, while the CoolCabanas 5 is larger, heavier, and will work even if there is no wind.